The coal deposit occupies approx. 142,860 hectares along the foot of Enugu Escarpment occurs on the southern flank of Anambra Basin. The deposit is structurally complex with a combination of faults and minor folds with the folds oriented parallel to the outcrops.
- Geological mapping has been carried out with 16 core holes drilled.
- Coal thickness is over 1.5m with overburden thickness which varies from 250m to 300m. Coal is sub-bituminous.
- Analysis indicates coal quality is variable and averages 28.18MJ/Kg (6,736Kcal/Kg or 12,135Btu), 9.65% ash, and 0.87% sulfur on a received basis.
- Over 160 million tonnes- inferred
- Geological maps.
- Borehole logs, cross-sections.
- Results of geochemical analysis.
- Physico-chemical properties
Enugu North LGA, Enugu State (southeast Nigeria). Onyeama area is >14,000 hectares located North of Enugu.
- Accessible by road.
- Access to Airports in Enugu and Port Harcourt.
- Access to inland waterways and seaport.
- Telephone- GSM Service.
- Electricity- National Electricity Power Supply
- Export Processing Zones and Free Trade Zones.