Outcrops in drainages along the foot of the Enugu Escarpment. Geology is structurally complex terrain with a combination of faults and minor folds oriented roughly parallel to the outcrop.
- The deposit has been mapped with 14 core holes drilled. Established coal seam thickness averages 1.5m overburden thickness ranges from 250m-300m within the areas drilled.
- Coal quality averages 27.08MJ/kh (6,471Kcal/Kg or 11,660 Btu), 9.64% ash and 0.95% sulphur on as-received basis. Work has only been carried out on the south-eastern flank of the deposit, measuring approx. 75,800 hectares.
- Mining activities were suspended.
- Over 100 million tonnes- inferred
- Geological maps.
- Borehole logs, cross-sections.
- Results of geochemical analysis.
- Physico-chemical properties
Enugu South LGA, Enugu State (southeast Nigeria). Okapara area is > 14,000 hectares located South of Enugu.
- Accessible by road.
- Access to Airports in Enugu and Port Harcourt.
- Access to inland waterways and seaport.
- Telephone- GSM Service.
- Electricity- National Electricity Power Supply
- Export Processing Zones and Free Trade Zones.