Located on the eastern slope of the Mamu River Valley in the southern part of the Anambra Basin in a broad synclinal basin that dips to the west. The coal seams occur within the Upper Coal Measures which exists mostly below the water table while those above the water tables are generally oxidized.
- Geological mapping and core-hole drilling (4 core-holes) have been carried out.
- A number of pits were dug Underground and open cast developments carried out.
- Analysis indicates coal quality is variable. Sulfur ranges from 0.56-2.50% averaging 1.31%. Ash content ranges from 8.7-33.7% and averages 19.2%.
- Results of investigation put the Inyi Coal Block with over 70 million tonnes.
- Geological maps.
- Gravity Data
- Physical and chemical properties
Oji River LGA, Enugu State (southeast Nigeria).
- Accessible by road.
- Access to Airports in Enugu and Port Harcourt.
- Access to inland waterways and seaport.
- Telephone- GSM Service.
- Electricity- National Electricity Power Supply
- Export Processing Zones and Free Trade Zones.