Geology and Mineralization
The deposit is made up of 3 to 5 bands of iron ore with magnetite as the main mineral.
- Detailed exploration is to be carried out on the adjourning parts of the occurrence to increase reserves.
- Twelve (12) boreholes were drilled to various depths totalling 1,470m.
- The average iron content is 35.73%.
- Preliminary reserves are put at over 12 million tonnes.
- Geological maps (1:5000) and Cross Sections Produced.
Chokochoko iron ore deposit is located between Jakura and Chokochoko village, Lokoja LGA, Kogi State.
- Access to site from Lokoja, capital of Kogi State
- 170km from Lokoja to Abuja International Airport
- Close to rail line from Itakpe to Ajaokuta Steel Plant
- Dredging of River Niger from Lokoja to the coast will ease transportation