Coal occurs within the Cretaceous Mamu Formation at the base of the Enugu Escarpment.
- Mapping and drilling 3 core holes carried out with established depth to coal seam at 563m.
- Underground development undertaken with mine subsequently abandoned.
- Coal is bituminous
- Over 128 million tonnes- inferred
- Geological maps.
- Gravity Data.
- Physical and chemical properties.
Ezeagu LGA, Enugu State (southeast Nigeria).
- Accessible by road.
- Access to Airports in Enugu and Port Harcourt.
- Access to inland waterways and seaport.
- Telephone- GSM Service.
- Electricity- National Electricity Power Supply
- Export Processing Zones and Free Trade Zones.