Mining News

Provisional liquidator of Zambia’s KCM suspended – official

The provisional liquidator of Zambia’s Konkola Copper Mines (KCM), Milingo Lungu, has been suspended, the country’s Official Receiver said in a statement on Thursday. Zambia’s previous government, which owns 20% of KCM through State mining investment firm ZCCM-IH, handed control of KCM to Lungu in 2019, triggering a protracted dispute with Vedanta Resources, which owns the remaining 80%.

Share this article