UIS Tin Project

Erongo Region, Namibia

Key Information:

Location

Located in the Erongo Region, west Namibia. 333km away from Windhoek (capital)

Deposit

Tin and Tantalum Ore

Project Status

Production

Reserves

Total Inferred at 71.54 Mtonnes

Quality

0.134% Tin, 0.0085% Tantalum

Geology:

The project is located within the Damara Mobile Belt, which was part of the Pan-African Orogeny. The Tin is hosted in albite-rich pegmatite. Ore bodies have been up to 40 metres thick, along 500 metre strike length.

 

Project Owners:

The UIS Tin Project is operated by AfriTin Namibia, who hold an 85% share. The remaining 15% is held by The Small Miners of Uis, a state-owned enterprise.

Nedbank Namibia loaned £2.4m towards the project in August 2019.

AfriTin owns 2 tin mines, their flagship being the UIS Tin project and they also have an interest in the Mokopane Tin project in South Africa. 

 

Project Status:

There are 2 phases to the project- Phase 1 commenced in August 2019 and involved developing a pilot processing plant that can process 500,000 tonnes of ore per annum. Phase 2 plants to scale the processing plant up to 3 million tonnes per year.

The project is a conventional open-pit mine, with 10 metre high benches. The phase 1 processing plant is comprised on a 4-stage crushing circuit and a 3-stage concentrating circuit (it includes dense medium separation, fine gravity concentration and wet high-intensity magnetic separation modules).

 

Available Data:

Assay Data (2016)

Technical Report

 

Infrastructure:

The mine is close to the main roads, C36 and M76 which allows for convenient travel via road vehicles.

Power will be supplied via an 800m-long transmission line connecting to an existing power line of the Namibia Power Corporation.

Good

Production

Onshore

United Kingdom

AfriTin Namibia

Listing Information

The Erongo Region

Related Listings

Simandou, Guinea

Southern part of the Simandou Mountain in south-eastern Guinea

High

Pinpoint

Key Information: Simandou Iron Ore Project Location Simandou iron ore mine is located in southeast Guinea Deposit Iron Ore Project Status Mine Development Reserves More than 2. Read more…

Jabal Sayid Mine Saudi Arabia

350km north east of Jeddah

Good

Pinpoint

Key Information: Location 350km north east of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia Deposit Copper Project Status Production Reserves Proven and Probable 27,112kt Quality 2.383% Geology: Jabal Sayid is located in the prospective Neo-Proterozoic Arabian Shield. The shield continues west of the Red Sea into Egypt and Sudan as the Nubian Shield. Read more…

Sentinel Copper Mine

150km west of Solwezi

Good

Pinpoint

Key Information: Location Located 150km west of Solwezi, in the North Western Province of Zambia Deposit Copper Ore Project Status Production Reserves Total Measured + Indicated 875.7 Mtonnes Quality 0. Read more…